We only work with the best
Wolfestone has a strict and rigorous selection process, which allows only the cream of the crop to pass through and become Wolfestone linguists. Our linguists MUST have a recognised higher degree in translation and at least five years of translation experience.
We know how important it is to you that your assigned translator is knowledgeable about the terminology and jargon that is specific to your field. You can trust us to handle the technical language in a masterful way, guaranteeing a quality outcome. To ensure the credibility and reputation of your business, we only use translators with a sound specialisation in a subject area.
You will also need to be sure that your assigned translator is highly competent in your chosen language. That way, you can be confident that the translation will reflect the professionalism of your business. We only use translators working into their native language and also prefer them to be based in their native country where they can keep up to date with any cultural or linguistic changes which may affect their work. Our linguists must have perfect native target language control and expert source language control. Their credentials are screened to make sure they have the right combination of educational qualifications and industry experience to deliver the exceptional results required to meet Wolfestone’s exacting standards.
Qualifications, references and sample work are checked on application and test translations are carried out as an extra quality check using the industry LISA QA standard before the applicants are added to our database.
Wolfestone receives roughly 1000 applications a month from prospective linguists but less than 8% of these will make the cut.
All our linguists are bound by a watertight non-disclosure agreement and Wolfestone takes confidentiality and security issues very seriously.
Linguist registration with Wolfestone:
- Linguists must initially provide Wolfestone with a full CV.
- Linguists must complete a Linguist Questionnaire to ascertain language pairings, specialities, experience, membership of Associations, qualifications/courses, equipment and software, etc.
- Linguists must provide evidence of qualifications and memberships held. These are independently verified.
- Linguists must complete a controlled translation/interpreting test.
- Linguists must provide references from at least two relevant referees.
- Linguists must sign and return our Confidentiality Agreement/NDA.
- Linguists must inform Wolfestone of relevant hardware, software, research/materials and communications abilities.
- All of the above are checked and vetted independently by Wolfestone.
Linguist assignment selection:
- Linguists mother tongue is the target language for the project.
- Linguist has perfect source language control for the project.
- Linguist has relevant experience/expertise/qualifications in the subject matter of the project.
- Linguist has access to the relevant research facilities and materials.
- Linguist has access to the appropriate software to carry out the project – e.g. MS Office, Adobe, XTM, Trados, WordFast, etc.
- Linguist can carry out the project within the given timescale.
- Linguist is aware of any culturally significant issues.
All the members of our translation teams are carefully selected using a TQM (translation quality metric) procedure of our own design (created with reference to the SAE J 2450 and LISA QA Models).
We have implemented approved ISO 9001 and BS EN 15038 QA techniques that help constantly improve our services.