Now that the World Cup has finished and you have more time to spend browsing the internet, we’ve compiled 10 fun facts about Germany in this infographic.
- 70% of German “Autobahnen” have no speed limit
- There are more organised football fan clubs in Germany than anywhere else in the world
- When Germans move they take their entire kitchen with them. Leaving only the pipes for the water connection behind
- A German would never give tap water to a guest. That would be considered rude. Water has to bubble or at least needs to be bottled
- Sunday is “Ruhetag”, or “Quiet day”. Shops will be closed everywhere and neighbours will complain if your noise disturbs their resting day
- Saying “Happy Birthday” to a German before the actual date can lead to angry stares and even outrage. Why? For most Germans a premature birthday wish is bad luck
- The German Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen discovered X-Rays in 1895, other notable German inventions include: the telephone, diesel engine, aspirin, and the pregnancy test.
- In Germany, every actor has his or her personal German voice-over artist. Sometimes English movie title are also translated – into and easier form of English.
- The longest German word is ” Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft “
- There are over 1,000 types of sausages
Do you know any other interesting facts about Germany? Share them in the comment section.
For more information about Wolfestone services:
Document translation services, Localisation services, Transcreation services, Multilingual SEO services, Proofreading, Voiceover services, Interpreting services, Multimedia services, Legal translation services, Other types of translation
The professional translation services you can trust!