Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
Location: Remote working (Manchester, Birmingham and London)
Contract duration: Permanent
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9.30-5.30
We are looking for an experienced new business field sales executive who will be responsible for self-generating their own leads through attending trade shows, networking events, arranging client facing meetings and working closely with the marketing department. The role will involve prospecting potential clients using social media, attending appointments on a daily basis and attending our head office once a month in Swansea if working remotely.
- proactively generating new prospects using existing data resources, attending trade shows, networking and using social media.
- providing new customers with quotations and relevant information; preparing proposals with the ability to negotiate on service and price.
- developing, maintaining and rebuilding relationships with lapsed, lost and new customers through telephone calls, emails, face-to-face meetings and other forms of communication;
- acting as the contact between the company and its existing and potential markets;
- negotiating the terms of agreements and closing sales;
- gathering market and customer information;
- representing the organisation at national and international trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- liaising with project managers to develop orders and to check on the progress of existing orders;
- reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet and exceed targets;
- gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements;
- planning and preparing face to face presentations
- providing management with market feedback
- overseeing the development of marketing literature
- following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- provide timely response and exceptional levels of service to all enquiries
- ensure that all sales opportunities are fully captured and fully explored
- effectively meet (and exceed) sales targets as set by the Directors
- build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline and to ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately documented and kept up-to-date using the companies CRM.
- Personality: Have a can do attitude and be a problem solver, self-motivated but able to work as part of a team. Someone who enjoys networking and meeting new people.
- Specific job skills: Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen, good communication skills, both in writing and verbally and the ability to deliver presentations with confidence. Excellent organisation and time-management skills. Ability to understand the translation industry and products. Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Computer skills: Competent user of Microsoft office and Outlook
- Experience: Must have experience in a similar B2B professional services business development or sales role and a proven track record of hitting and surpassing sales targets.
- Experience: Translation Industry experience would be advantageous but not essential. Previous experience managing or leading a team of field sales people would allow for faster development opportunities.
What we offer:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays rising to 25 days + bank holidays
- Non-contractual enhanced sick pay scheme
- Flexible working environment with the ability to work remotely
- Training: We are a great supporter of personal development and as such offer a wealth of training opportunities for our staff. Full product training will be given.
- Career prospects: As a Wales Fast Growth 50 Company we are able to offer a stable working environment with frequent opportunities for career progression
- Opportunities to take part in charity or volunteering events. This year we have pledged to raise £10,000 for Tenovus Cancer Care!
CLOSING DATE: 30th January 2017
[We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.]
Please note due to a high level of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.