English Language Editor Vacancy
Title: English Language Editor
Contract type: Permanent, Part-Time
Salary: £16k per annum, pro-rata
Location: Swansea, United Kingdom – Ideally office based, but ask us about working from home.
Commission scheme based on monthly objectives; 20 days’ annual leave entitlement + bank holidays (pro-rata); sick pay dependent on length of service; contributory pension scheme; full training provided.
Start date: October-November 2017
Application deadline: 20th September 2017
Objective: To carry out English editing work for our key clients in the translation industry as part of our dedicated project management team for other language service providers. To ensure a high standard of work and excellent customer service, working to deadline and within budget.
- Processing orders from clients and completing necessary administrative duties
- Editing of English texts to make them suitable for different English-speaking countries according to client-specific requirements and using client-specific software.
- Planning, managing and completion of all English editing projects
- Planning, managing and monitoring ad-hoc translation projects (holiday cover/busy periods)
- Recruiting and testing new suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Coordinating, managing and monitoring suppliers
- Maintaining effective communication, collaboration and relationships with clients and colleagues
- Working to production targets, including margins, delivery and client satisfaction
- Accurately record all required data, including full yet concise project notes, non-conformity reports, etc.;
- Personality: You will be self-motivated and customer focussed, you will also be a pro-active problem solver with a positive attitude and strong commercial awareness. You will be flexible and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Specific job skills: You will have excellent multi-tasking, organisation, negotiation, time management and prioritising skills and great attention to detail. You will be able to communicate in English to native-speaker standard both orally and in writing with flawless command of spelling and grammar, and have an awareness of the differences between global English variants.
- Computer skills: You will have the ability to learn new IT programs easily and quickly. You will have excellent IT literacy including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Research skills: You will be able to effectively research terminology and differences in English variants using online search engines and language resources.
- Skills: Knowledge of, and experience in using CAT technology, MT technology, document engineering, desktop publishing software or project management software.
- Experience: Previous experience in the language services industry as a project manager; previous experience using a variety of systems to process orders and complete administrative tasks.
- Education: Qualifications in English language or literature, ideally a BA in English or humanities subject.
Wolfestone is a vibrant, dynamic, fast moving company. In order to get where we are today we have had to remain flexible, positive, enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile for our clients.
Our drive and ambition has led us to become the biggest translation company in Wales. We need people who display these qualities and who thrive in this kind of fast-paced environment.
What can we offer you?
We will invest in developing you to reach your full potential and offer you a challenging and rewarding career path in a growing industry.
How do I apply?
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a timed editing test prior to being invited to interview.
Close date for application forms is: 20th September 2017
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.