Junior BDM Vacancy
Title: Junior Business Development Manager
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 OTE £23,000-25,000
Contract duration: Permanent
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9.30-5.30
At Wolfestone we pride ourselves on fantastic career progression opportunities and high levels of staff retention. We achieve this through continuous investment in our employees ongoing happiness.
Although we’re in the translation industry, we don’t expect our sales team to be able to speak a second language!
Junior BDMs with no previous sales experience can expect to earn over £23,000 per year as we offer uncapped commission earnings!
Don’t believe us? Let the stats do the talking!
- 70% of staff promoted in the last 12 months
- 100% of staff received pay rises in the last 18 months
- 100% of staff were enrolled or are taking place in external training and development courses
- 72% of staff employed for longer than 12 months
- Fun activities! Want to see more? Click here
- Awards, Awards, Awards
About the Translation Industry:
Translation is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide!
- 3% revenue growth in 2016
- 2016 annual spend $39 billion
- Estimated 2017 growth 10.2%
- Estimated 2017 spend $43 billion!
Wolfestone has seen an above industry growth of 11.8% over the past 12 months, our staff are key to this growth!
Is the role right for you?
One of Wolfestone’s key objectives is to continually upskill our workforce, which has been highlighted by our recent award recognition: Best Language Service Provider for Career Progression under £25 million
With the above in mind, there is no requirements to speak a secondary language, as you will be selling to UK based companies!
Extensive training and mentoring will be provided from day one, meaning any previous sales experience can be easily migrated into your new role (none of our current sales team members came with previous translation industry experience)
Please see below an overview of the role and responsibilities:
We are looking for a motivated and driven sales professional with the ability to fully understand a client’s needs and a passion for ensuring client satisfaction. You will be responsible for growing business in your sectors and developing strong and longstanding client relationships.
- Generating new business through aggressive prospecting via cold call, the internet, social media, networking and trade shows;
- Developing, maintaining and rebuilding relationships with lapsed, lost and new customers through telephone calls, emails, possible face-to-face meetings and other forms of communication;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements and providing new customers with timely quotations/proposals and relevant information;
- Negotiating the terms of agreements and closing sales;
- Planning and preparing presentations and representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Building, managing and maintaining a substantial pipeline and ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately documented and kept up-to-date in CRM systems;
- Liaising with project managers to develop orders and check on the progress of existing orders, keeping clients informed during the project lifecycle;
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings ensuring that all sales opportunities are fully captured and fully explored;
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet and exceed targets;
- Gathering market and customer information and providing management with market feedback;
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature in conjunction with the marketing team;
Experience: Minimum of one year sales experience, preferably in a B2B environment
Specific job skills: Commercial awareness and business sense, good communication skills, both in writing and verbally and confident delivering presentations. Excellent organisation and time-management skills. Experience in client negotiation and influencing skills.
Personality: Have a can-do attitude and be a problem solver, self-motivated but able to work as part of a team. Someone who enjoys networking and meeting new people.
IT skills: Competent user of Microsoft Office package. Experience of CRM systems.
- Experience selling in the service industry would be preferential
- Experience of sourcing own data to start the sales journey
- Busy outbound contact centre experience
- Experience of a medium-term sales cycle (3-6 months)
What we offer:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays rising to 25 days + bank holidays.
- Non-contractual enhanced sick pay scheme
- Uncapped commission
- Contributory pension
- Flexible working environment with opportunities for home working where necessary
- Training: We are a great supporter of personal development and as such offer a wealth of training opportunities for our staff
- Career prospects: As a Wales Fast Growth 50 Company we are able to offer a stable working environment with frequent opportunities for career progression
Closing Date: 5th January 2018
To apply please contact Craig Alliss (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.]
Please note due to a high level of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.