In-House Welsh Translator
Title: In-house Welsh Translator
Reports to: Head of Project Management
Salary: £22,000 – OTE £24,000
Contract duration: Permanent Full Time
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9.30-5.30 (Flexible working hrs considered)
We are looking for a highly motivated Welsh translator, with experience in working within the legal, public sector, marketing and charity sectors. The individual must have the ability to work to deadlines, meeting world class standards and be able to work on their own or as part of a team. The role is flexible and home working is allowed with 1 day a month in the office to attend meetings and training.
- Quality translations English to Welsh approx. 2,000 to 3,000 words per day
- Editing and proof reading to ensure consistency
- Prioritising work to meet deadlines.
- Liaising with project managers, sales and clients to avoid complaints and maximise quality.
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery.
- Attend client meetings with Sales when required.
- Mentoring interns.
- Managing and developing glossaries for our key clients.
- Using translation technology including client-specific tools/systems
- Updating Wolfestone websites into Welsh and maintaining branding and quality throughout.
- Support other departments with their Welsh language strategy.
- Receive further training and supervision in order to continue to improve skills and mastery of translation.
- Assist with tender applications and development of Welsh language services within the company.
- 4 years practical translation experience working within their language combinations
- BA in relevant language
- Ability to pass a translation test at above 98% pass rate
- Member of Cymdeithas Cyfieithwyr Cymru (CCC) or willing to undertake CCC examinations
- MA within a linguistic field
What we offer:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays rising to 25 days + bank holidays (1 extra day accrued per annum).
- Non- contractual enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Walking distance from train or bus station and city centre shops/amenities.
- Flexible working environment with opportunities for home working where necessary.
- Training: We are a great supporter of personal development and as such offer a wealth of training opportunities for our staff.
- Career prospects: As a Wales Fast Growth 50 Company we are able to offer a stable working environment with frequent opportunities for career progression.
- Opportunities to take part in charity or volunteering events, including CSR days, team building and work with local schools and charities.
CLOSING DATE: 13th December 2017
TO APPLY: Please email your CV to Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org
[We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.]
Please note due to a high level of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.