Accounts Assistant Vacancy (Part-time)
Title: Accounts Assistant Department: Finance
Reports to: Finance Manager Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Contract duration: Permanent Location: Swansea
Working hours: 22.5 hrs Monday to Friday. We can offer flexibility on when the hours are worked as long as it is between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm.
Wolfestone is a young, dynamic, fast moving company. In order to get where we are today we have had to remain flexible, positive, enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile for our clients. We are looking for people who display these qualities and who thrive in this kind of fast-paced environment.
You will need to be self-motivated, positive and driven to succeed in a growing business which offers opportunities to further your career.
- Process customer invoices from creation to credit control stage
- Use bespoke software as well as Xero to maintain accurate financial records
- Negotiate payment plans and payment terms with customers and colleagues
- Perform credit checks on new client accounts
- Keep outstanding and bad debts to a minimum level
- Process supplier invoices and payments
- Process payroll and employee expenses
- Reconcile all company accounts
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of statutory payments/requirements
- Provide expenditure information to other departments as requested
- Assist with the management of budgets and cash flow
- Prepare final accounts, such as profit and loss accounts and balance sheets, trial balances etc
- Maintain Xero accounts package
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records and filing systems in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure company complies with statutory VAT obligations
- Maintain petty cash and accurate records of the same
- Maintain accurate records for holidays and absences
- Administer enhanced sick pay scheme
- Administer company pension scheme
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Finance or Bookkeeping related degree or qualifications
- Experience using accountancy software such as Sage or Xero
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word as well as other Microsoft Office Programs
- Excellent problems solving skills and a positive attitude are key
- Ability to work to deadlines
- AAT qualified, ACCA Part or Fully Qualified
- IT qualifications
What we offer:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays (rising to 25 days + bank holidays) pro rata
- Non-contractual enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Walking distance from train or bus station and city centre shops/amenities.
- Flexible working environment.
- Training: We are a great supporter of personal development and as such offer a wealth of training opportunities for our staff.
- Modern city centre office with excellent amenities.
- Career prospects: As a Wales Fast Growth 50 Company we are able to offer a stable working environment with frequent opportunities for career progression.
TO APPLY: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CLOSING DATE: 21st August 2018
[We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.]
Please note due to a high level of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.