Project Manager and English Language Editor
Title: Project Manager and English Language Editor
Location: Swansea City Centre, UK
Contract duration: Permanent
Working hours: Full time, 37.5 hours a week, split between project management and English language editing.
Salary: £16k per annum, plus: commission scheme based on monthly objectives; 20 days’ annual leave entitlement and bank holidays; sick pay dependent on length of service; contributory pension scheme; full training provided.
Application deadline: 30th April 2019
This is a split role, with two main focuses: English Language Editing and Translation Project Management. You will join an existing team of two project managers and one English language editor, in order to provide additional support in both areas.
English Language Editing
Carry out English editing work for our key clients in the translation industry as part of our dedicated project management team for other language service providers. To ensure a high standard of work and excellent customer service, working to deadline and within budget.
Project managers quote, plan and manage all language projects, making sure they are completed on time and within budget. This may include translation, transcription, voiceover, interpreting or any other services that Wolfestone offers.
- Responding to sales enquiries from existing and potential customers;
- Providing customers with quotations and relevant information;
- Negotiating costing and timescales with clients;
- Editing of English texts to make them suitable for different English-speaking countries according to client-specific requirements and using client-specific software;
- Planning, managing and monitoring multiple projects in all languages, including your own English editing projects;
- Recruiting and testing new suppliers;
- Negotiating with suppliers;
- Coordinating, training, managing and monitoring suppliers;
- Maintaining effective communication, collaboration and relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Working to production targets, including margins, delivery and client satisfaction;
- Accurately record all required data, including full yet concise project notes, non-conformity reports, etc.;
- Mentoring Interns.
- Personality: You will be self-motivated and customer focused, you will also be a pro-active problem-solver with a positive attitude and strong commercial awareness. You will be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with a high level of accuracy. You will thrive in a team environment and be able to work well with others, taking on your fair share of the work.
- Specific job skills: You will have excellent multi-tasking, organisation, negotiation, time management and prioritising skills and great attention to detail. You will be able to communicate in English to native-speaker standard both orally and in writing, with flawless command of spelling, grammar, idiom and slang and you will have an awareness of the differences between global English variants.
- Computer skills: You will have the ability to learn new IT programmes easily and quickly. You will have excellent IT literacy including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Research skills: You will be able to effectively research terminology and differences in English variants using online search engines and language resources.
- Skills: Knowledge of, and experience in using CAT technology, MT technology, document engineering, desktop publishing software or project management software.
- Experience: Previous experience in the language services industry as a project manager; previous experience using a variety of systems to process orders and complete administrative tasks.
- Education: Qualifications in English language or literature, ideally a BA in English or humanities subject.
Wolfestone is a vibrant, dynamic, fast-moving company. In order to get where we are today, we have had to remain flexible, positive, enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile for our clients.
Our drive and ambition has led us to become the biggest translation company in Wales in just 12 short years. We need people who display these qualities and who thrive in this kind of fast–paced environment.
What can we offer you?
We will invest in developing you to reach your full potential and offer you a challenging and rewarding career path in a growing industry.
How do I apply?
Please send your CV to email@example.com to receive your application pack.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a timed editing test prior to being invited to interview.
The interview will involve a further test of knowledge of English grammar, spelling and local variants.
Following successful interview, applicants will be invited to participate in a taster day to experience one day of the role, to give us and them a better idea of whether it is a good fit.
Please note due to a high level of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.