Wolfestone Holdings (comprising Wolfestone Translation, Robertson Languages International and Voicebox) acts as a data controller for personal data you provide to us as a prospective employer. The data we collect includes: name, email address, qualifications and work experience, contact telephone number, postcode, and some special categories of data for equality and diversity monitoring.
Why we need your data
We need to know this basic personal data for the purposes of processing your application on the grounds of legitimate interest.
If you do not provide us with contact information we will be unable to get in touch with you regarding your application.
If you do not provide us with work experience and qualifications we will be unable to consider you for the position.
If you do not provide us with a post code, this might affect your application if the position is location-specific.
You are not obliged to provide us with equality and diversity monitoring data, and any data you do provide is strictly anonymous.
What is the source of your data
We only collect data provided by you. We do not collect data about you from any other sources.
What we do with your data
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. Digital data is stored locally on our on-site servers in a folder with restricted access, and hard copies are stored in locked cabinets in the office. Digital backup data archives are stored as encrypted files on external servers located in EU.
Only the parties involved with your application will have access to your data and will use it to get in touch. We only store the data for reference purposes, we do not process your data in any other way.
We use your qualification and work experience data to ascertain if your background seems to be a good fit for the position, and your post code to determine if you are close enough to the required location (if applicable).
We use the contact information you provide in order to get in touch with you throughout the application process.
No other Third Parties have access to your data unless the law allows them to do so.
Data Protection Officer
Our data protection officer is Norbert Pietrzak. For any data protection queries you can contact him at: email@example.com.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any automated decision-making software for profiling or processing your application.
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK employment law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for 12 months following application for a position with Wolfestone Holdings, after which time it will be securely destroyed.
What are your rights
- You have the right to be informed about how we use your data and who has access to it. If you have any questions about your data which are not addressed in this privacy notice, please contact our data protection officer, Norbert Pietrzak: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under the GDPR you have the right of access, which means you can request for us to show you the data we have on you and tell you who has access to it. This is called a subject access request. Please see our Subject Access Request page on our website for more information: https://www.wolfestone.co.uk/gdpr/subject-access-request-policy/
- You have the right to rectification, which means that, if at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. Please see our Subject Access Request page on our website for more information: https://www.wolfestone.co.uk/gdpr/subject-access-request-policy/
- You have the right to erasure, which means you can ask for us to remove you from our records. In order to fulfil our legal obligations in case of any disputes, we need to keep your application for 12 months, after which time all your data will be securely destroyed. Our legal obligations override the right to erasure in this context.
- You have the right to restrict processing, which means that you can request that we don’t do anything with your data except store it.
- You have the right to data portability, which means you can ask us to transfer your data to another data controller or send it to you in a structured, machine-readable format.
- Right to object – as our grounds for collecting your data is based on legitimate interests, you may object to us processing some of the data that we ask for as part of your application process. This may, however, affect your application.
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling – we do not use any automated decision making or profiling services when making decisions about your application.
For more information on your rights under GDPR and when they apply, please see:
To exercise these rights please contact our data protection officer, Norbert Pietrzak: email@example.com.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the DPO to have the matter investigated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/